I recently turned 30 and was spoiled absolutely rotten by my amazing family and friends. I had a really fun afternoon tea party (Irish style - lots of alcohol and not tooooo much tea) which was attended by approximately 25 of the best friends (all women) a girl could ask for. Two of the wonderful presents I received were original Graham Knuttel prints.....food related naturally. I am so excited about hanging these unusual and very quirky pictures on the wall in my kitchen.
I know Knuttel's work is not for everyone, but I love the fact that the surroundings and settings of the paintings are quite everyday and yet the characters are so sinister looking. The colours are so vibrant and striking against my rather bland (a creamy/coffee-ish) coloured kitchen wall and they are a fabulous gift for anyone out there looking to buy something for someone who is as interested in food and cooking as I am. Indeed, they're actually just really nice prints for anyone looking for something fun to brighten up their kitchen walls.
Have a look and let me know what you think. My mam's not in love with them just yet but I think she'll come around!


No comments:
Post a Comment